Sunday, February 23, 2014

Speech Review

Watching yourself speak in a video is a very painful experience. You realize how annoying your own voice sounds, and all you can notice is the flaws in your presentation and think, "Great, do I really look and act this awkward on a day to day basis?". Although it is a little painful to watch, it is very helpful to see exactly how you present. As i watched my video i noticed i did a few things positively, and a few things negatively. On a positive note, i think i did a good job with making it a conversational proposal. I wasn't just trying to thrust information upon the class, i tried to make it more laid back. When i give speeches i always worry so much about remembering the information, so i ended up writing a lot of unnecessary information on the cards, and i found myself looking down a lot. I think that that could be easily fixed by writing less, and practicing more. You said i was engaging when i looked up, but that i didn't look up enough, so i think that could be easily fixed by just knowing my information better. Looking back i did like how i decided to talk about other presentations, but honestly they did help me with my own. I wish i had the ability to just say a 3 minute speech without any notecards like a lot of classmates did, but that would take a lot of practice for me. I do believe that practice really is the key to giving a good speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment