Friday, May 2, 2014

Class Reflection

For me, the biggest struggle of the project was knowing what information needed to be included in the documentary. There was never really an official syllabus which was positive and negative, it was positive because we were free to do whatever we wanted, but negative, because i never really knew if what we were doing was right.
The aspect of the documentary that makes me most proud is how we placed all the interviews and the other footage together really well, so that you weren't looking at the same thing for a long time.
The aspect of the documentary that i would have changed would have been to go into more detail about things at the station like the soundboard, instead of focusing on the workers.
I was personally responsible for creating a storyboard, which i found to be really challenging. It's hard to pick when something should be shown, and what should come before or after it.
I was really grateful with how cooperative my group was. We were all very understanding if we couldn't make it to something, and we all tried to contribute and work on the project together when we had the time. I wish i could have been more helpful when it came to the actual editing, but otherwise i helped get a lot of the footage. I feel like everyone in the group contributed a fair amount for sure.

My critical thinking skills are not that great, and i think this course really did help me think outside the box.
I HATE ESSAYS. So yes, i liked how this course was something new for me. I've never been in a class where i had to make a documentary and had to use editing software like that.
In the future to make the class better, maybe go to the hub more often and actually get on the computers and maybe ask the workers to do some sort of tutorial on how to use the software.
If i could change one thing about the course, it would be to have some more opportunities to have grades, and as crazy as this sounds, maybe more speeches/presentations because the more presentations i do, i've noticed i get better at it.

Thanks for an awesome semester! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment